Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Get the latest updates, health tips, and compounding news from Eastern States Compounding.
In a previous blog, we talked about what Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is, and why people need it. Simply put, individuals who suffer from hormonal imbalances may benefit from replacing natural hormones inside their bodies through BHRT (with hormones that are chemically identical to the ones your body makes).
But how do you know if it’s right for you?
Potential Causes of Hormone Imbalance
Hormone imbalances can happen to individuals of any age, though they are more common in people who are in a transition period or undergoing certain lifestyle changes. Here are some potential causes of hormone imbalances:
- Chronic stress
- Poor diet or nutrition
- Thyroid issues
- Medical conditions such as diabetes, or PCOS in women
- Treatment for specific medical conditions
- Life stages such as puberty, menstruation, perimenopause, menopause, and aging
Monitor your daily health and record how frequent symptoms occur to report to your physician. Men and women may experience hormone imbalances differently. Learn about at-home saliva and blood spot testing for hormone levels >>
Adrenal Stress Formula
Contains B Complex, Methyl Folate, Vitamin C, and nutrients that may support adrenal function and help calm nerves, increase energy, and improve focus.
Common Hormone Imbalance Symptoms in Men
- Weight gain or mid-abdominal weight gain
- Erectile dysfunction, decreased libido or decreased sexual satisfaction
- Muscle loss
Common Hormone Imbalance Symptoms in Women
- Weight gain
- Sleep disturbances
- Hot flashes, night sweats
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Painful sexual intercourse
Learn more about hormone imbalance symptoms here »
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, consult your physician right away. They may suggest testing your hormone levels in order to check on how to specifically address your needs. Hormone levels may be tested with prescribed at-home saliva or blood spot test kits.
Here’s how hormone testing is done at home:
- Patient is prescribed an At-Home Testing Kit dependent on specific levels needed by a physician. Prescription is required.
- Prescription is sent to Eastern States Compounding Pharmacy.
- Patient comes in to pick up the kit at Eastern State Compounding Pharmacy, where expert pharmacists can provide answers to any questions they might have regarding collection of samples.
- Patient collects the sample of their saliva/blood at home (according to directions) and submits the kit to the ZRT Labs via provided shipping instructions.
- Results from ZRT labs are sent to Eastern States Compounding, where they are then forwarded to the patient’s provider along with recommendations.
Learn more about test kits here »
BHRT comes in many forms. They may be taken through pills or applied through creams, gels, patches, and even injections. A compounding pharmacy, like Eastern States Compounding Pharmacy can formulate the best form and dosage for you, with a prescription from your physician.
Your physician and your compounding pharmacist acting as a team can help you get the best results for your health. Want to come in for a consultation? Get Directions >>