Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Get the latest updates, health tips, and compounding news from Eastern States Compounding.
The Growing Need For Contact-Free Hormone Testing in New Hampshire
With everyone staying in and avoiding the doctor’s office during the peak of the COVID-19 Pandemic, at-home testing kits for hormones, vitamin levels and more became the new normal. At-home testing kits allow patients to collect their samples in the comfort of their own home, and simply send them directly to labs for results.
Now that the number of COVID cases and hospitalizations has decreased, patients have opened up the door to the easier testing method, and at-home testing kits are being prescribed more and more to get a clearer understanding of an individual’s health.
Explore two convenient hormone testing options you can do at home, with a prescription from your medical practitioner.
Blood Spot Test
It is a simple procedure that should take no more than a few minutes to complete. To ensure test accuracy, check the collection chart on when you can collect a sample.
Men and children can collect on any day of the month. Women need to determine when to test based upon their menstrual cycle. However if the test is not for hormones or if for thyroid testing, then they can collect on any day of the month.
As the name suggests, you will simply collect a blood sample by pricking your finger using a lancet to a filter card. Once dry, the blood spot card is ready to be shipped to the lab.
As this test takes a snapshot into your hormone profile, it can be affected by hormones or supplements that you are taking so plan accordingly.
This test can be taken to confirm a hormonal imbalance or be taken as part of monitoring of your BHRT.
For more information on Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy: What Is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)? – Eastern States Compounding Pharmacy
A Saliva Test is another affordable, appropriate, and above all accurate option to take in the safety of your home.
Similar to the Blood Spot Test, collection of samples need to be timed with a woman’s menstrual cycle while men and children can collect any day of the month.
The amount of sample to collect depends on the hormones to be tested so be sure to follow the manual instructions for the specifics, but in general, you will only need to use one large tube for collecting in the morning.
When actually collecting samples, do remember to rinse your mouth about 5 minutes before doing so. And allow saliva to collect in your mouth without swallowing then gently spit into the tube. Repeat until the tube is half full.
If you are testing a hormone that you take as sublingual drops or as a troche, then it is advisable to take a Blood Spot Test instead.
Explore At-Home Testing Kits
Saliva Test Kit Includes:
- Saliva Profile I – E2, Pg, T, DS & Cx1
- Saliva Profile II – E2, Pg, T, DS & Cx2
- Saliva Profile III – E2, Pg, T, DS & Cx4 (Sample Report)
- Hormone Trio – E2, Pg & T
- Diurnal Cortisol – Cx4
- LCMS Saliva Steroid Profile – E2, E3, E1, EE, PregS, Pg, AlloP, 17OHPg, Adione, T, DHT, D, DS, 7keto, 11DC, C, Cn, Ccn, Ald, Mel, ANZ, FIN & LTZ (Sample Report)
Blood Spot Test Kit Includes:
- Female Blood Profile I – E2, Pg, T, DS, C & SHBG
- Female Blood Profile II – E2, Pg, T, DS, C, SHBG, TSH, fT3, fT4 & TPOab (Sample Report)
- Male Blood Profile I – E2, T, DS, C, SHBG & PSA
- Male Blood Profile II – E2, T, DS, C, SHBG, PSA, TSH, fT3, fT4 & TPOab
- Hormone Trio – E2, Pg & T
- Essential Thyroid Profile – fT3, fT4, TPOab & TSH
- Elite Thyroid Profile – T4, Tgbn, fT4, fT3, TPO & TSH
- Toxic & Essential Elements – Blood Profile – Hg, Cd, Zn, Cu, Se & Mg (Sample Report)
- CardioMetabolic Profile – Insulin, hsCRP, HbA1c, TG, CH, LDL, HDL & VLDL (Sample Report)
- Vitamin D Profile – 25-OH D2, 25-OH D3, Total
Saliva + Blood Test Kit Includes:
- Female Comprehensive Profile I – E2, Pg, T, DS & Cx4 (saliva); TSH, fT3, fT4 & TPOab (blood spot) (Sample Report)
- Female Comprehensive Profile II – Cx4 (saliva); E2, Pg, T, SHBG, DS, TSH, fT3, fT4 & TPOab (blood spot) (Sample Report)
- Male Comprehensive Profile I – E2, T, DS & Cx4 (saliva); PSA, TSH, fT3, fT4 & TPOab (blood spot) (Sample Report)
- Male Comprehensive Profile II – Cx4 (saliva); E2, T, DS, SHBG, PSA, TSH, fT3, fT4 & TPOab (blood spot) (Sample Report)
Fertility Test Kit Includes:
Fertility Profile – Cx4 (saliva); E2, Pg, T, DS, SHBG, TSH, fT3, fT4, TPOab, LH & FSH (blood spot) (Sample Report)
Cortisol Awakening Response Test Kit Includes:
Cortisol Awakening Response Profile (CAR) – (Saliva) DS & Cx6 (Sample Report)
Neurotransmitters Test Kit Includes:
NeuroAdvanced Profile (Urine) – GABA, Glu, Gly, DA, Epi, NE, HIST, 5-HT, PEA, DOPAC, HVA, 5-HIAA, NMN, VMA & Crtn (Sample Report)
Saliva Hormones add-on – E2, Pg, T, DS & C
Weight Management Test Kit Includes:
Weight Management Profile – E2, Pg, T, DS & Cx4 (saliva); TSH, Insulin, HbA1c & Vitamin D (blood spot) (Sample Report)
With Thyroid add-ons – fT3, fT4 & TPOab
With Cardio add-ons – hsCRP, TG, CH, LDL, HDL & VLDL
How Does it Work?
Collect your sample in the comfort and privacy of your home. Read our guide on what to expect.
Ask Your Doctor
Talk to your physician or nurse practitioner about testing your hormone and vitamin levels for getting a better picture of your overall health. Expert pharmacists at Eastern States Compounding work together with patients and their practitioners to address deficiencies.
Contact us for more information.
More From Our Pharmacy
There are 2 tests per package.